It should come as no surprise to people that know me, i.e. the only people that I actually show this blog to, that I’m a fan of pro wrestling.
Thanks to the way time zones work with TV schedules, just got to watch Monday Night RAW on a Wednesday afternoon rather than Monday night. It certainly was… interesting to say the least.
Since recapping a 2 hour show would be boring, I’ll be presenting my thoughts in dot point format. (or ‘bullet list’ if you’re feeling fancy)
- If you accept the fact that this storyline is basically The Entire Roster Sucks Off Triple H As He Saves The WWE, and see to the details beyond, you’ll agree its good storytelling. For the most part.
- You know, I would pay for a 2 hour match between Cena and Sheamus with punk on commentary. More than I paid for Hell In A Cell anyway.
- McMahon stopped the Punk commentary, so clearly he is the most evil person in existence. And I’m not just saying that because I worship the ground Punk pisses on.
- Ace reveals himself to be just as bad as Teddy Long, ordering a Straight Up Tag Team Ma
ptch between the enemies of Cena and an albino carrotSheamus against the newly rehired Miz and R-Truth. And then HHH did a run in. Perfect sense.
- Clearly Ace got himself the job to get back at HHH for having McMahon removed, but is over his head. Chaos.
And I would just like to end this post with a big fat plug to the Smart Wrestling Fan Wrestling Review Show Podcast, the best 3~8 hours of wrestling-based humour to feature an Australian co-host every 3 out of 4 weeks.
Today’s Lesson: If almost everybody walks out on you, get your few remaining friends to produce a wrestling show.
Swing and a miss